Monday, November 10, 2008

2nd Treatment: 11/06/08


Well it's Monday after my second treatment. Everything went pretty well again during the treatment and they even had tea and snacks for us. Apparently they have "tea time" every first Thursday of the month.

So anyway, Friday I felt ok in the afternoon and decided to go into work for a while. I don't know if that was a good idea or not because I spent most of the entire weekend completely exhausted. The nausea wasn't too bad but I was so tired I could barely do anything.
My blood counts, both white and red, are down a bit and that's probably why I am so tired. The low white counts make me much more susceptible to infection. Gotta make sure I don't get sick. One good note, I still have my hair. We'll see if that lasts or not.


Sarah and I did go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training meeting on Saturday. From their website......"The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® is the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk marathons and half marathons or participate in triathlons and century (100-mile) bike rides. Since 1988, more than 380,000 volunteer participants have helped raise more than $900 million.......to raise funds for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma research and patient services".

The first event is the Cleveland Marathon in May and I am really excited to participate but I don't know if I am physically able to devote myself to training for such an event. Maybe later next year I can train for the Akron Marathon. We'll see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

just found out man!!! ill keep you in my prayers. If you need anything or just need to talk im here. james

Mary said...

Aaron, Dad and I are praying for you. Hang in there.
Love you,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Aaron, 2 down! And being without hair is not so bad, besides the opportunity to re grow the hair is there. For me those days are long gone. Anyways, stay strong and eat lots of good food.

Anonymous said...

If you do a marathon let me know I'll try to train here and meet up and run with you guys for the race day!