Thursday, January 8, 2009

Half Way

Well as of last Friday the 2nd, I am half way done with the treatments. I'm really happy to have reached this milestone and I just need to tough it out until this concludes. On a bad note, I spent yesterday and last night in the hospital.

On Tuesday night I had a mild fever which lasted through the night. I woke up and my temp. was 102 so I figured it was time to get to the hopital. So they kept me for observation all day yesterday and overnight and pumped me full of antibiotics, took blood, etc, etc. Nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. So today I feel a lot better, no fever and just resting a bit more at home. It was a bit of a scare but luckily I dont have the flu or pneumonia or anything else crazy or life threatening. Sarah of course kept me company the whole time for which I am so grateful.

Other than that nothing new to report. We are still going to look at a couple houses this weekend but maybe just looking. I am a bit nervous about my job right now due to my health and the economic circumstances, so maybe we will hold off on such a purchase until spring when hopefully the future will seem a little more clear.

All in all, Sarah and I are doing great and just tryng to maintain a positive outlook and know that better days are soon to come. I can't wait for the lazy, beer drinkin' days of summer.

3 comments:

stacey said...

Glad that you've reached your halfway mark and are in such great spirits...lots of luck for the second half!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Half way done! Soon we will be all done with this stuff!
Yeah hun, the hospital stay wasn't fun, but I'm very thankful that it wasn't anything serious. This morning, I was so relieved to know your fever went away, and you can go home! As you know, I didn't sleep too well without you next to me.
Get more rest babe, don't worry about getting a house, or anything!

Oh! One more thing! I am going to make you check your temperature every morning BEFORE I leave home for work!

Mary said...

Glad to know that you are back home and doing better. Sorry you had to be in the hospital but glad it was not anything to great. Please let us know if it happens again.

Sounds like Sarah has all well in hand. Taking your temp. every morning isn't a bad idea. Glad she is with you.
Mary