Monday, March 23, 2009

Almost there....

Well this Thursday is my last chemo treatment and I was really considering not doing it. Last treatment (#11) I had a fever for like 4 days afterward and pretty much felt terrible. Also the veins in my left arm are really getting a bit sore. My right arm has a nice 6 inch blood clot in one of the veins. I had an ultrasound done and it seems to be ok. It will disspate on its own but I guess it will take a few months.

So anyway, my scan results from a couple weeks back are good. They showed me the before and after and there is a very noticeable difference in the size of the mass in my chest. I really didnt know exactly what I was looking at but the doctor said she was very pleased and surprised by the results. Thats a good thing.

So one more treatment this week and hopefully my arm and body hold up and everything goes smoothly. Next will be another CT and PET scan followed by a couple weeks of radiation. The doc says the radiation is pretty low dose and the side effects are minimal. Maybe a sore throat she says. I hope it all goes well and I can be finished just before we move into the house on the 25th of April!!

Thats pretty much all Sarah and I can think about right now. We are both very excited and maybe a bit overwhelmed by the money we have to spend to furnish and outfit the house. Luckily Uncle Sam has a nice incentive this year for first time homebuyers.

Sorry for the lack of pictures on here. I was hoping to make it a bit more multimedia.....oh well. I'll try to get some on here soon. Hope everyone is well. Take care.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you are going to do the last treatment babe! It's our last one! We can do it! We've come a long way!! Can't wait to finish the treatment and move into our HOUSE! :-D I'm so excited to start a new chapter of our lives together! This summer is going to be GREAT! Love you babe! We are almost done!

Mary said...

I like Sarah and so excited for you too. Not only for the house but mostly being a over-comer of the cancer. What a wonderful day it will be when it is all behide you. I still pray that you heal and are made whole.
Mary

Unknown said...

Sending our love bro... Congratulations on the beautiful new home! The pictures of the house are really nice. I am glad to hear your treatments are almost over and you can start moving into your new home. Sarah , Leo and I send all our love and encouragement to get nice and healthy so Leo and Avery have a friend to play with :-} If you now what I mean.. you have a nice big home now you got to fill it! Yeah Baby....