Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Well I have seen the radiation oncologist, my other oncologist, and a lung doctor since my last post. The good news is that my scans came back looking very good with all of my lymph nodes back to normal and no "hot spots" on the PET scan. The bad news is I do have to go through with the radiation and I am a little worried about the lung issues too.

They are going to put me on some steroids for about a month to see if it helps and hopefully clears it up. I pray that its something other than bleomycin toxicity. The lung doc said there is some inflammation in the upper part of my lungs (cracked-glass-like appearance??). I hope it's nothing serious. So anyway, I am scheduled to begin the radiation in a couple weeks for a a duration of almost a month (5 days a week!!!). I am not happy. Guess I have to do it though huh?

In other news, we sign the papers for the house on Wednesday. Gulp!! But we are excited and can't wait to move in on the 25th. I just want to get it over with and have one less thing to worry about.

So as you can see I have a lot going on and I don't know how I am dealing but I am. Just looking forward to warm days and cool, beer drinking nights on my new patio.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that the scans come back CLEAR hun! It's great news! The radiation doctor said he would lower the dosage, right? It will be ok, and before you know it, you are through with it! We definitely have a lot going on right now, but please don't forget that we have each other, our family and friends. We are all here to support you! I love you Aaron.